Talk about dumb criminals. In Houston this weekend, Independence Day weekend, a man was arrested and charged by the Houston Police Department for felony evading arrest. The situation, as I have come to understand it, is based on nothing more than a poor individual making a poor decision.
HOUSTON – Houston police said a man who was not drunk led officers on a chase because he was afraid of getting a DWI charge.
The chase happened late Tuesday on Harwin at Rogerdale. An officer tried to stop a white car for a traffic violation, but the suspect refused to pull over. He led police northbound on Beltway 8 to Richmond where he finally stopped.
Police said the car was not stolen, and the driver had no warrants.
The man allegedly told officers he had a couple of drinks, so he was afraid of getting arrested. Officers said the man was sober, however. He now faces a felony evading charge. Source
Basically what had happened was a gentleman had had a few drinks, took to the roads in his car, made a minor traffic violation which spurred the attention of the Houston Police Department, after which the Houston Police Department attempted to conduct a routine traffic stop to issue a traffic citation, resulting in the driver panicking and evading arrest.
What would have been a minor traffic violation, or, at worst, a first-time misdemeanor DWI offense, is now a felony criminal offense set for hearing at the Harris County criminal court in downtown Houston on Franklin Street.
Being accused of a DWI offense in Houston and to need a LAWYER is a serious matter to be taken very seriously. In Texas there is a current epidemic of drunk driving and law enforcement has taken notice, and have kept the public on notice, for years. A smart Houston DWI lawyer will be able to inform you of your rights if you’ve been arrested and charged with a DWI offense by the Houston Police Department or the Harris County Sheriff’s Office.
If you’re looking for a Houston DWI lawyer visit The Law Offices of Tad Nelson of Associates to learn more about some of the best DWI defense lawyers who are currently accepting new clients in the Houston area.
When a person is arrested for a DWI offense the police have to prove their case in the court of law. Due to the scientific biochemical nature of criminal cases in which Driving While Intoxicated is alleged, its important to be sure that you’re represented by criminal lawyers & attorneys who have honed their craft, and know what they’re doing.
A number of people don’t understand the consequences and potential health ramifications of using alcohol. In this article that was sharing, we’ve taken the time to point out some of the bad consequences involved with long-term alcohol use and alcohol is.
- A few of the short-term effects involved with drinking alcohol are slurred speech, drowsiness, a persistence of nausea, and vomiting.
- There’s a strong possibility that if you are drinking alcohol, and decide to drive, you can be suspected of DWI, stopped by police, and arrested for your crime.
- Another few short-term effects of alcohol ingestion include an upset stomach, diarrhea, headaches, difficulties breathing, distorted vision, distorted hearing, and impaired judgment.
- Another consequence of taking alcohol could be not only an arrest for DWI, but you may kill someone by accident as a result of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
- Blackouts are often reported by people who are either alcoholics, or used alcohol heavily.
- In some cases, people who have drink too much alcohol become deathly intoxicated resulting in a comatose state on part of the individual.
- Loss of red blood cells, also referred to as anemia, has also been linked to high alcohol consumption.
- It has been found that among alcohol users there is a serious decrease and their perception and coordination.
- There have also been reports of alcohol users randomly going into states of unconsciousness. This can explain why a number of people who use alcohol into falling asleep behind the will and killing entire families on as a result of their responsibility to control their liquor.
- Memory lapses where the drinker is incapable of recalling recent events have also been reported by alcoholics and people who heavily indulge in alcohol consumption.
10 consequences of drinking alcohol
I’ve known a number of people who have been stopped by the police for suspicion of drinking and driving and I also know a number of others who were not intoxicated at all, but accused to be so by law enforcement.
If this ever happens to you, contact a DWI defense lawyer in your area as soon as possible.
Being arrested for a DWI related criminal offense is serious business. It can affect your job possibilities and can also reappear as a bad reminded of the past in the form of a criminal record. We recommend talking a lawyer who can help you fight a DWI offense in the court of law.
However, if you are tried in the court of law and found guilty, depending on the details of the case and any previous criminal history you may have, you may be able to get out of going to jail with a chance at having the criminal record removed from your background. Talk with a DUI lawyer to learn more about your options. Good Luck.